Thursday, June 23, 2016

Butter Chicken Recipe and a Cook Along



I have been away for a very long time. Blame it on the school holidays, the many trips and my new hobby turned small business venture of jewelry making. There has been a lot happening. The new hobby of jewelry making started with attending a few classes with a friend. She was the one who floated the idea and I am totally hooked to it now. I have been experimenting with a lot of material, ordering beads and supplies and totally loving the experience. Here is a peek into some of my creations. The support and encouragement from family and friends has seen the hobby turn into a small business venture and me doing quite a few orders in the past 2 months. Here is my facebook page Jewelry by Vandana Rajesh which has my entire collection so far listed.


With the vacations over and back to work, my sister and I decided to start a cook along and try out recipes from the blogging world. Learning new recipes or perfecting the old ones is always a wonderful experience. And so we decided to start with the all time favourite, the very popular butter chicken or Murg Makhani. She suggested the recipe on Soma's ecurry for Murg Makhni. We followed the recipe as it is, the pictures were so tempting that we were looking forward to the yummy curry. Of course made a few cuts to make it a leaner version of the popular chicken dish. I know it seems silly to say that I made butter chicken without butter and that's the complaint that my teen always has. You always cut out the butter then how can it taste like the authentic version of the dish is her argument. However, I feel when we eat out we end up having all the additions that are tasty but not healthy, so at home why not do the healthier version so that one can enjoy their favourite dishes without the guilt associated with it. So we made cuts in the butter just adding in half tsp and cut the cream too (added milk in the end to the gravy/sauce). What we had was beautiful murg makahni that tasted great and had a perfect consistency that would go perfectly with rice/rotis and make any meal finger licking good.


Thanks Soma for such a lovely recipe. Just went across to ecurry to link to the recipe and read Soma's post. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery and wishing you all the very best. 

No comments: